Natural & Renewable Energy Sources
The use of natural energy sources to provide heating and electricity is rapidly increasing in popularity among homeowners.
The use of more natural and renewable energy sources is needed to take the burden off our current dependency on fossil fuels. The high levels of fossil fuels we burn each and every day are contributing to climate change and the polluting of the air and surrounding environments.
We can attempt to save the earth from devastation if we act now, and by making the switch to natural and renewable energy sources, you will be doing your part. Although many other issues need to be addressed, making the switch is a large step forward in the fight against climate change, and the fight for a cleaner environment.
Clean Energy Ideas has been set up in an attempt to try and educate visitors to the importance of the use of renewable energy sources. You will find lots of educational material throughout the website, and much of this information relates to how you can get involved in energy conservation and producing your very own natural energy.
The many different natural and renewable energy technologies highlighted throughout the website are by no means breakthrough. Many of the renewable energy technologies have been around for years, and as time goes by, are increasing in efficiency.
Some Advantages & Disadvantages Of Natural Energy Sources
Below are just a handful of the many advantages relating to the use of natural and renewable energy sources:
- The sun, wind, tides, and geothermal activity are all renewable and free to use.
- After the initial cost of; solar panels, wind turbines, and geothermal energy equipment, the only cost to the consumer relates to any required maintenance.
- No more price rises from gas, energy or electricity companies. You could be totally energy efficient, eliminating your dependency on the world's fossil fuel supplies.
- Use as much or as little of the renewable electricity of which you generate, without feeling guilty for any wastage.
- Oil, gas and coal supplies will most likely someday run out, if we have the infrastructure in place to generate energy from natural sources, this won't be as much of a problem.
- Government grants are available for some natural energy projects depending on your location.
Below, you can see a selection of the disadvantages relating to the use of clean energy sources as opposed to fossil fuels:
- The initial cost of renewable energy technologies may be expensive.
- It is unlikely you will be able to totally replace your current energy or power supply to the use of renewable energy, but you could get close with a realistic budget and the implementation of different energy technologies, such as a wind turbine and solar panel combination.
Reducing The Effects OF Global Warming
There are many other steps you can take in reducing the effects of global warming which are unrelated to the use of natural energy sources. Many of these steps are easy, affordable and start at home.
We are not asking you to go to extremes and start purchasing hybrid cars that can cost tens of thousands of pounds or dollars. Something as basic as recycling can have a significant impact on the environment around us, and also save energy on the manufacturing of new, replica products.
Carbon emissions are a direct result of not only heavy industry, but also the average household. Energy efficiency is a key aspect in reducing the effects of global warming, and steps can be taken around the home to achieve this.
Related Links - External Websites
- EDF Energy - Our Vision - A very interresting look at EDF Energy's climate commitments. EDF Energy is a U.K based company, with an impressivly low carbon emissions base when compared with other similar energy companies in Europe.
- EERE - The U.S Department Of Energy's energy efficiency and renewable energy website, has a wide range of information on renewable energy sources.