Natural gas is a domestically produced alternative fuel and is readily available to end users through the utility infrastructure. It can produce significantly fewer harmful emissions than gasoline or diesel when used in natural gas vehicles.
This page serves as a table of contents for the Natural Gas section. To learn about this alternative fuel, choose from the links below.
Browse descriptions of available natural gas vehicles and learn about costs and conversions.
Just like gasoline prices, the cost of natural gas fluctuates. For the latest natural gas price analysis, see the Alternative Fuel Price Report.
- List of natural gas publications from our publications database
- Select natural gas publications:
- Natural Gas Transit Users Group: Assisting Transit Agencies with Natural Gas Bus Technologies (PDF 374 KB) Download Adobe Reader.
- Bold Policies Make Washington, D.C., an Alternative Fuel Leader (PDF 250 KB) Download Adobe Reader.
- Norcal Prototype LNG Truck Fleet: Final Results (PDF 1.7 MB) Download Adobe Reader.