From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations where appropriate. (August 2008)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (November 2007)|
Ski Dubai is claimed to be one of the largest indoor ski resorts in the world, with 22,500-square metres of indoor ski area. It is a part of the Mall of the Emirates, which is one of the largest shopping malls in the world.
An extremely efficient insulation system is the key to maintain the temperature of -1 degrees Celsius during the day and -6 degrees during the night when the snow is produced.
Ski Dubai is part of the Majid Al Futtaim Group of Companies, a leader for shopping malls in the region. Ski Dubai has 5 runs of varying difficulties, the longest being 400m.
Some other facts, according to Ski Dubai's website [listed below]:
- 22,500m² covered with real snow all year round – (equivalent to 3 football fields).
- 85 metres high (approximately 25 stories) and 80 metres wide.
- Full capacity of 1500 guests.
- 5 runs.
Ski Dubai has been criticized for the large amount of energy it uses to keep the snow frozen, and the effect this has on the environment.
 See also
 External links
- Media related to Ski Dubai at Wikimedia Commons
- Ski Dubai official web site
- Official Corporate Website - The Official Mall Pages
- Review of Apres - A funky bar/restaurant with great views of people on the slopes at Ski Dubai.
- An English Teacher's Review of Ski Dubai - Videos and Pictures
- Picture and video from Ski Dubai and Dubai
- Ski Dubai construction photographs